Isn’t it time to stop trading your time for money?
There’s only so much hard work we can do. At some point, we just can’t work any harder to get bigger and better results.
At the same time, we can only run so fast for so long. Eventually, we’ll either run out of time or energy…and sometimes, we even run out of both.
The worst part is that we’re burning both ends of the candle and we can’t even savor the lives we are literally killing ourselves to create – the lives that we became an entrepreneur for in the first place.
If you’re like many entrepreneurs, you’re like trading your time for money and not much else. When you do this, it’s like you’re wasting time and energy that you could invest in being with the people, and doing the activities, that you love.
We say wasting because there is a way to live life on your terms and have the time to do the things you want to do, where you want to do them and with the people you enjoy doing them.
We call it living a life by strategy.
A life by strategy gives you the ability to generate income while having the freedom to spend your time wherever and whenever you want. More importantly, it allows you to experience a tremendous amount of fulfillment by adding significant value to the people who come in contact with you on daily basis.
Unfortunately, most business owners don’t get to live a life by strategy because they work 63% more hours per week than the average worker in the United States. As well, much of that extra time working is spent in the business – nose to the grindstone, so to speak – and not on ways to free the entrepreneur up to work on the business or to not work at all.
Robin Sharma puts it this way: “The hours ordinary people waste, extraordinary people leverage.”
The big question is: How do you create a life by strategy so you can live your life the way you want and get paid well while you do it?
Applying Leverage is the Key
Leverage is defined as gaining an assisted advantage through the use of a lever or other implement to help you move an object.
To apply leverage, you must use energy. Energy, which can also be called effort, is required to close the gap between where you are and where you want to go. The more force and resistance you experience, the more effort you have to exert – and the more time you have to spend – to get where you want to go.
Metaphorically speaking, however, leverage can also mean gaining a strategic or tactical advantage through the usage of external sources like money, people and/or other resources.
In living a life by strategy, your goal is to apply leverage strategically in your business to make strong, consistent income so you can spend your time and energy wherever you choose to do it and doing things that give you fulfillment.
If we were to put this principle into a formula, it would look like this:
Life = Time + Energy
Having the ability to allocate time and energy into doing the things you enjoy and love means a better, richer quality of life.
Applying leverage in the right places (and at the right order) throughout your business can make this type of life a reality for you.
Your Best Strategy for Gaining Leverage
In order to close the gap between where you are now and being able to spend your time as you wish, doing the things you want, you need to generate income in a way that doesn’t cost you time.
The most effective way to make this happen is to create and deliver an online, “hit product” with an amazing value proposition that delivers massive value to your clients through a business model that supports your life by strategy.
There are specific leverage points within this model that help you gain and apply leverage the leverage you need:
Write a book: Writing a book at the beginning of the process is the highest leverage activity in which you can engage. It helps you create authority with your audience and it serves as a foundation for your entire leveraged content strategy.
Leveraged content is the strategic creation and use of content delivered through all of the different media channels that your audience pays attention to in order to increase consumption. As consumption increases, so does the trust your audience members have for you. The more trust you can build with them, the easier it is to drive them closer to becoming your customer.
- Create a consistent, predictable sales and marketing funnel: Employing a top-notch funnel – the Only Funnel you’ll ever need – in your business allows you to generate regular sales and build a community of loyal supporters who can help you grow your business. The funnel provides your business with the automation you need to make solid, consistent income without your efforts. Your book gives you the material you need to make your funnel spectacularly effective.
- Put the Internet to work for you: The opportunity to live a life by strategy really exists because of online marketing. The Internet has allowed entrepreneurs to leverage their expertise on a global scale and benefit from having a huge number of prospects to market to in building their business faster than ever before.
- Leverage people in your community: In building your Only Funnel, you’ll establish a community of raving fans who love you and who will want to tell others about who you are and what you can do to help them, too. They will be Promoters and Advocates for you and help your business grow without any effort from you.
- Leverage your expertise: You have your own a set of life and business experiences that are unique to you. As a result, you’ve formalized a level of expertise on a topic – or topics – that others don’t have. Sharing this expertise in a book and in an automated fashion on other platforms will give you the opportunity to benefit not only financially, but also with the freedom to do what you want to do, when you want to do it.
You don’t need to be a genius to apply leverage to your business to live an outstanding life, you simply need to be resourceful. All of the aspects we’ve covered here – and even some that we didn’t – are available to you. Most importantly, it costs a lot less money and requires less effort than you might think to apply the leverage you need to change your business and life forever.
Get Started Today
New online businesses and freshly-authored books hit the market every day. More than 543,000 businesses get started each month and 600,000 to 1,000,000 books are written each year.
Before you get discouraged, you need to know that more businesses shut down than start up each month and most of the books written each year sell less than 250 copies.
There is ample opportunity for you to take a hit product and a solid book to market so you can design and live a life by strategy. Here’s what you need to do to put leverage to work in getting started:
- Design your life by strategy. Determine what life would be like if you made the money you wanted. How would you spend your time? With whom would you spend it?
- Figure out what you are the absolute best at in the world and then determine what problems you can solve through your expertise. It’s likely the business you’re already in either is a hit product or has one just aching to get out.
- Get your thoughts and words out of your head and on paper. If you can’t get them onto paper, at least get them recorded where someone can transcribe them for you and turn them into a book.
- Build a funnel that uses your book as the means of getting people fully introduced to, and excited about, you.
- Create a community of followers that you can count on to spread the word about your expertise and problem solving skills. These folks will be some of your best salespeople.
These aren’t steps you’ll want to take lightly. Doing them properly and in the right order is the key that opens the door to living a life most other people only dream of. Most importantly, you’ll be able to apply the right leverage at the right points in the process to get maximum results.
There are no short cuts
The opportunity to live the life of our dreams is available to anyone if they’re willing to take the necessary steps to get there. Most people think that they need to build a huge business and then write a book afterwards talking about their successes and failures.
The opposite is true.
You’ve got a story you can tell right now that you can turn into a book. The experiences you’ve gathered and the expertise that you’ve cultivated are already ample enough for you to write a solid book that you can use to apply leverage within your business.
The more leverage points you use – book, funnel, the Internet, your community, your expertise – the more success your business will experience and the more amazing life you will live. There are no shortcuts if you want to make it happen.
If you’d like more direction on how to put a solid plan together to get the leverage you need to live a life by strategy, go to www.digitalpresident.com/xxxxxx and order a copy of our book, Digital President: Why Some Funnels Create Authority, Attract Audiences, Convert Customers, Build Communities and Others Don’t.
It has step-by-step instructions on how to make your life by strategy a reality faster and easier than you ever imagined.
If you’re not living the life you want to, what will it take for you to get there? How much longer do you think you’ll be able to keep things going the way they are before you have to make a change?
A life by strategy is yours for the taking.